Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph

I keep forgetting that I went to see Wreck-It Ralph.  It's nothing against the movie.  I really enjoyed it and would recommended it highly to kids and grownups alike.  It was fun and sweet with plenty of jokes for everyone.

The story is: Wreck-It Ralph is the bad guy in an arcade game called Fix-It Felix Jr.  Ralph is tired of always being the bad guy and would like to change things up a bit.  He goes on a journey in and out of other games (the way they accomplish this was pretty dang clever) and learns some vital life lessons along the way.  Actually a few of the characters have some positive growth by the end of the movie, which is more than I can say for a lot of movies.

What was nice is that there weren't really scary bad guys and hardly any violence.  Plus I want to live in the game, Sugar Rush.  They race go-karts and live in and around candy.  What's not to like?
Actually I'm hoping this is or will be a game I can buy.  You get to build (bake) your own cart and decorate it how you wish.  Good stuff.

So yeah, I don't think there was anything I didn't like about the movie.  The voice acting was great from folks like John C. Reilly, Jane Lynch, Jack McBrayer, and Sarah Silverman.  The animation was great.  The story was solid.  The jokes were steady and there were lots of fun little nods for those of us who grew up on games like Pac-Man and Q*bert.


No comments:

Post a Comment