Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Terrible, awful hurricanes

Belmar, NJ - My favorite boardwalk in the whole world. (Photo: Joe Hosking) Shared by Jersey Shore Hurricane News
I grew up in NJ (specifically Belmar, Pedricktown, and Swedesboro) and will always consider it my home even though I was born in Philly and have spent more years away from there than I did actually living there.  My heart is just breaking whenever I see photos of the destruction Hurricane Sandy left behind.  I am happy to say that all my friends escaped with little damage. Everyone in the northeast is in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you all the best during what will be a difficult recovery.

If you're interested in helping out efforts, which are going to cost billions and billions of dollars, please give what you can.  If you can't afford to give lots of money, keep in mind that the good folks at the American Red Cross will take blood and platelet donations too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment