Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Movies - Day 5

"On the fifth day of Christmas, my TV gave to meeeee...five, uh, five...this is tough. Nevermind !"


At least two stars from TV's One Tree Hill and Kyle XY bring you Hallmark's Naughty or Nice.  Aren't you excited?!?!?! Yeah?  Me too.  Ok, this one was kind of cute.  The production value was so-so and the acting was about the same.  Star Hilarie Burton has charisma and you find yourself wanting things to work out for her so there's that.

The story is this: Burton's character, Krissy Kringle (no relation, just mean parents), gets fired right before the holidays even though she was working her butt off for her company.  Krissy also happens to live in the only undecorated house on....Candy Cane Lane.  Natch.  Her boyfriend of 6 years, Lance Leigh (I can't make these up!), breaks up with her after she gets all crazy on him but really their relationship is kind of secondary to her journey.  (Apropos of nothing, I'm currently getting distracted by Nathan Gunn singing with the Mormons as I write this.  Check him out on Google Images, you won't be disappointed.)  Um, so yeah, Krissy gets tons of Santa mail and somehow ends up with Santa's book of names.  Hilarity ensues (not really) and she reads all sorts of dirt about her neighbors, coworkers, and so on.  There's a whole part about her getting a job as a mall elf and competing for a neighborhood decorating contest.  Blah, blah, blah.  But she's got a plan to fix everything she broke.

So what did I like about it?  Well the bits with Santa weren't so overly magical and that was refreshing.  Again, Burton managed to make me care even though she was goofier than I'm used to (I like her as Sara on White Collar where she's not at all goofy).  Plus Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter (Mr. and Mrs. Keaton from Family Ties) were in it (not nearly enough) and were kind of cute too.  I guess mostly it didn't irk me like some of these do.  I wouldn't rush out to buy it on DVD or anything but it's going to be on again Wednesday at 12am. So if you're up and not watching an informercial for pajamagrams then check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment