Thursday, December 20, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Movies - Day 8

"On the eight day of Christmas my TV gave to meeee...a ripoff of Sliding Dooooors."
Lifetime's All About Christmas Eve was an attempt at showing the two roads one's life could travel if timing, mere seconds really, made all the difference.  Sliding Doors, one of the few films of Gwynnie's that I loved, did it right.  All About Christmas Eve did it poorly. 

The movie stars the lesser of the Duffs, Haylie, a dude from Laguna Beach: The Real OC, and a dude from The O.C. (aka the fake Laguna Beach).  Throw in a performance from real-life American Idol couple, Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young and you have our movie.

Haylie Duff stars as Eve (get it?!?!), an ambitious party planner whose life goes down two different paths, one focused on career and one focused on finding oneself.  When I say it's a Sliding Doors ripoff I'm not exaggerating.  One of her selves misses a train and ends up at home to find her jobless live-in boyfriend in bed with some girl.  The other self makes the train and advances her career and meets a less-cheaty guy. I'd get into more of the story but it's really not worth it.  Suffice it to say, things work out in the end and she winds up with a fully realized self and the less-cheaty guy.

Listen, it's not good.  It's so bad that The Soup picked up on it.  Someone worked really hard on writing original music for it and that was bad too.  The writing is terrible.  It's not at all believable and I could go on and on.  It's a shame too because, for whatever reason, I find myself rooting for Haylie Duff.  I want better for her.  This was not it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment