Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Days of Cheesy Holiday TV Movies - Day 12

Apparently 12 days of cheesy Christmas movies was too ambitious a task.  Those who know me well would be proud that instead of spending my day in front of the tv, it was spent baking with my mom and getting ready for Christmas Eve dinner with my parents, grandmother, Uncle, Cousin Jess (HI JESS!), her husband Eric, and their kids Cade and Zoe.  I love these people.  They're strange and wonderful and hilarious and exactly who I'd want to spend Christmas with. 



I did watch about half an hour of a TV movie starring everyone's (2nd) favorite teenage witch, Sabrina (aka Melissa Joan Hart) while I was getting ready.  In the movie she kidnaps Mario Lopez.  It's called Holiday in Handcuffs and the story is exactly what you think it might be...she  and forces Mario to pretend to be her boyfriend so her mother won't be disappointed.  If this is how mother's actually feel then mine must be so disappointed because I've never forced a guy to pretend to be anything of mine. 

Anywhoodle, I could guess that over the course of Mario's capture he finds Sabrina, er, MJH's character (I can't be bothered to look it up) to be a wonderful person and falls madly in love with her.  This will be mutual of course.  She saw something special in him early on or she wouldn't have taken him hostage, right?  I'll likely watch it tomorrow so I can do this post in two parts.  Or we could just all agree that it was a terribly cheesy Christmas movie that was terribly predictable, and terribly acted. 
If you were Mario, would you forgive Sabrina for a felonious holiday kidnapping?

So I guess what I want to say is that I hope you have a family or friends or a kidnapped boyfriend you can spend Christmas with this year. 

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

  1. You didn't include Santa Baby, starring the former Playmate of the Year and current child vaccination expert, Jenny McCarthy, as Santa's estranged daughter.

    ReplyDelete