Monday, October 24, 2011

Blog-o-ween: What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?

In honor of the 7 Days of Halloween, I thought I'd pay tribute to some of the movies that have scared the hell out of me over the years. They're in no particular order, mainly because coming up with a ranking system would paralyze me until well after the 31st. I'll work on that for next year, and hey, isn't chaos the ultimate frightening threat to the human mind?

I'll begin with one of my earliest memories of being well and truly wigged. Not a movie, but a scene.


Oh, yes. The psychedelic boat ride from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love this movie a good bit. Both of them, actually. Any film that acknowledges and revels in the fact that some kids can be just as intolerable and off-putting as adults, and then punishes them for it, is perfectly fine by me. But this part? I've seen it exactly once, because I can't bear to watch it again, and yet I can recall images from the sequence (the chicken and worm come to mind) as easily as if it were playing on a constant loop on my TV. Which it is. In my own personal hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment