Friday, September 23, 2011

The Morning After - Person of Interest

CBS's Person of Interest is a show about, uh, how do I put this into a sentence or two?  One man, Ben, no  Finch, has access to information that would lead to either a victim or perpetrator. In order to do something with this information he employs a gifted ex-CIA hitman, John Finch, to do his bidding.  That sounds nefarious.  It wasn't, really.  Not after Ben, who I could refer to as his character's name but will always be Ben to me (at least I won't refer to Jim Caviezel as Jesus), explained how he came upon this information and his desire to do something with it and about it.  Taraji P. Henson is also a series regular and I really like her so I'm glad she'll be on this show.

I don't have a whole lot to say besides the fact that I enjoyed Person of Interest.  I like the idea and there are lots of places to go with it.  Both literally and figuratively.  I hope that Jonathan Nolan sticks around and writes a few more episodes.  Last night's was tight, quick paced but not too fast, and even had a tiny twist.  I wasn't wowed but so little does that to me anymore.  Person of Interest was a solid effort that was enjoyable to watch and I'll keep tuning in.  As a fan of Lost I'm thrilled to have Ben back in my life and in a less creepy capacity than before. I like Jim Caviezel and this is a good role for him.  The action was cool, a bit violent at times but still cool.  Overall it was satisfying and what more do you really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment